Many older adults experience falls or concerns about falling and restrict their activities due to worry. The Martha’s Vineyard Partnership for Health offers Matter of Balance, a FREE 8-week program that explores fear of falling and helps participants overcome fears that keep them less active while building confidence in mild exercise and physical activity.
- Learn to manage falls and increase activity.
- Begin to view falls as controllable.
- Set goals to increase activity
- Make in-home changes to reduce fall risks
- Start some easy beginner exercises to increase strength and balance slowly.