Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Island Intervention Center provides a triage system for urgent care, brief interventions, assessments, and immediate access to appropriate services for both mental health and substance use disorders.
The IIC is an intermediate step for people who need a higher level of care, but may not need hospitalization.The goal of the IIC is to decrease the number and percentage of individuals hospitalized each year by taking a proactive treatment approach. The IIC provides:
Urgent Care: Immediate community based urgent care for mental health and substance use disorders including:
- Short-term observation of individuals in need of Emergency Services Programs.
- Assessment of critical needs in regard to mental health and substance use.
- Brief intervention including short-term counseling, peer support, crisis planning and safety planning for those at risk of suicide.
- Referral, support and care coordination through care transitions.
- Safe transpiration of individuals in need of Emergency Services program, inpatient services, or substance use disorder treatment.
Emergency Services: The Emergency Services team is comprised of caring trained professionals whom provide comprehensive and organized treatment of emergency care in times of psychiatric crisis. In case of a mental health emergency, our Emergency Services team can be accessed 24 hours a day through our answering service (508-693-0032).
Our Emergency Services team is comprised of caring trained professionals whom provide the following services:
- Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI)
- Emergency Psychiatric evaluations
- Urgent care brief counseling sessions
- Suicide Risk Assessments
- Homicidal Risk Assessments
- Clinical Debriefing and Consultation
- Coordination of inpatient admissions and transportation
- Outreach Services
- Psychiatric phone access for consumers in crisis
- Links to other community resources
- Intake referrals for services through Island Counseling Center
Island Intervention Center Hours*:
Monday through Friday
8:00am – 8:00pm
*In case of a mental health emergency our Emergency Services team can be accessed 24 hours a day through our answering service at 508-693-0032.
Contact: Brumelha Magri, Reception
Phone: 508-693-7900 x241
MV Community Services (Building C)
111 Edgartown Road
Oak Bluffs, MA
MV Community Services
111 Edgartown Road
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568