Our mission is to help create a resilient and equitable food system on Martha’s Vineyard.
To accomplish our mission, we:
1) educate young children and their families on the benefit of eating healthy, locally grown food,
2) innovate new growing techniques that can expand food production on the island year-round,
3) reduce food waste by recovering food that can be redistributed to those needing food assistance or used for composting by local farmers, and
4) increase access for those facing food insecurity in our community.
Our programs work in the schools, with local farmers and with other organizations on the island that serve families facing food insecurity.
Our programs works collaboratively to provide food and agriculture education, provide infrastructure and resources to encourage a year-round local food system, and close the gap on food insecurity and food waste on our island.
- <Island Grown Farm Hub at Thimble Farm
- Island Grown Schools
- Island Grown Gleaning
- Island Food Rescue
- Mobile Marke
- Summer Food Service Program
For more information or to become involved in any of our projects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 622
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568