Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Island Counseling Center provides support for individuals and families overwhelmed by stress, experiencing predicaments of Island life, difficulties in relationships, struggling with mental illness, addiction, or in crises. Counseling services can be acquired by filling out a Counseling Intake Form or calling the bilingual intake line at 508-693-7900 ext 290.
The Island Counseling Center provides:
Emergency Services: 24-hour emergency service crisis intervention services. In case of a mental health emergency or to access the MV Community Services/Martha’s Vineyard Hospital Inpatient Detox Program, our team can be accessed 24 hours a day through our answering service at 508-693-0032.
Island Intervention Center: A triage system for urgent care, brief interventions, assessments, and immediate access to appropriate services for both mental health and substance use disorders. The Center is an intermediate step for people who need a higher level of care, but do not need hospitalization.
Counseling Outreach and Referral for the Elderly (CORE): Supporting seniors’ independence and ability to access community resources. Helping diminish feelings of isolation and depression to improve quality of live.
Substance Use Disorder Services including:
- New Paths Recovery intensive outpatient program
- Recovery Coaching
- Driver Alcohol Education and Second Offenders programs
- Medical interventions/treatments (MATS): Vivitrol and Suboxone medication are available for established clients at MVCS Island Counseling Center. Call 508-693-7900 x251 for more information.MVCS will expand the range of options available for people needing substance use disorder services to include Suboxone, a Medical-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction. In addition to Suboxone, MVCS offers Vivitrol, a MAT for alcohol and drug addiction; the New Paths Intensive Outpatient Program; and Recovery Coaching. These resources are available to currently enrolled clients and require on-site behavioral health counseling, in addition to medication management.
- Refuge Recover
- SMART Recovery
Youth and Family Services including:
- Child Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI)
- Children and Families Affected by Trauma and Grief
- Family and Community-Based Services
- Veterans Outreach program – provides a network of resources for Island Veterans, service members, and their families.
Specialized programs and groups including Mobile Crisis Intervention for Youth; Parents Apart Support Group; and Veterans Outreach Services, including a Combat Veterans Support Group and a Veterans Significant Others Support Group.
Phone: 508 693 7900 x290
111 Edgartown Road
Oak Bluffs, MA
MV Community Services, 111 Edgartown Road
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568