Island Counseling Center at MVCS
Also known as ICC
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Island Counseling Center provides support for individuals and families overwhelmed by stress, experiencing predicaments of Island life, difficulties in relationships, struggling with mental illness, addiction, or in crises. Counseling services can be acquired by filling out a Counseling Intake Form or calling the bilingual intake line at 508-693-7900 ext 290.
The Island Counseling Center provides:
Emergency Services: 24-hour emergency service crisis intervention services. In case of a mental health emergency or to access the MVCS/MVH Inpatient Detox Program, our team can be accessed 24 hours a day through our answering service at 508-693-0032.
Island Intervention Center: A triage system for urgent care, brief interventions, assessments, and immediate access to appropriate services for both mental health and substance use disorders. The Center is an intermediate step for people who need a higher level of care, but do not need hospitalization.
Counseling Outreach and Referral for the Elderly (CORE): Supporting seniors’ independence and ability to access community resources.Helping diminish feelings of isolation and depression to improve quality of live.
Substance Use Services including:
- New Paths Recovery intensive outpatient program
- Recovery Coaching
- Driver Alcohol Education and Second Offenders programs
- Mecial interventions/treatments: Vivitrol is the first and only once-monthly, non-addictive, non-narcotic medication proven to help prevent relapse of opioid dependence. Call 508-693-7900 x251 for more information.
- Ripple: Educational and supportive group for loved ones (age 18+) of those experiencing substance use disorder.
Youth and Family Services including:
- Child Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI)
- Children and Families Affected by Trauma and Grief
- Family and Community Based Services
- Veterans Outreach program – provides a network of resources for Island Veterans, service members, and their families.
Specialized programs and groups including: Mobile Crisis Intervention for Youth; Parents Apart Support Group; and Veterans Outreach Services, including a Combat Veterans Support Group. and a Veterans Significant Others Support Group
ADD/ADHD, Addiction, Addiction & Recovery, Addiction Support, Adolescent substance abuse, Adult Family Care, Alcohol Poisoning, Alcoholism, Behavioral Health, Behavioral Problems, Behavioral Therapy, Bereavement Counseling, Caregiver Counseling, Caregiver Education, Caregiver Support Groups, Caregiver Support Services, Caregiver/ Care Receiver Support Groups, Child Mental Health, Counseling, Counseling Services, Crisis, Crisis Hotline, Crisis Intervention, Divorce, Drug Abuse, Drug Abuse Services, Drug Overdose, Emergency Services, Family Support/Counseling, Geriatric Mental Health, Group Therapy, Intervention, Mass Health, Mental Health, Mental Health Emergency, Mental Health Evaluation, Mental Health Screening, Opioid Abuse, Parent Support/Counseling, Prescription Drug Assistance, Psychiatric Services, Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Recovery, Recovery coaching, Substance Abuse, Substance Abuse Services, Substance Use, Substance Use Disorder services, Suicide, Suicide Prevention, Support Groups, Teen Substance Use, Therapist, Veterans, Veterans Programs, Veterans Services, Youth Counseling