Funeral Consumers Alliance of Eastern Massachusetts
Also known as Memorial Society
Visit our website
As a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting a consumer’s right to choose a meaningful, dignified, affordable funeral, including directories for green burials and family-directed and home Funerals–the Funeral Consumers Alliance:
- Provides members with information about laws, practices and forms pertaining to death, burial, cremation, anatomical gifts and related subjects.
- Helps you plan for your funeral while you are healthy and able to make decisions that are right for you and your family.
- Provides information for those who might wish to care for their own dead.
- Gives you forms on which to record the kind of arrangements you prefer. Do you want family and friends to make charitable gifts in your memory to your favorite charitable organization rather than send flowers?
- Provides reciprocity with other affiliates around the U.S. if you move or die while traveling.
- Maintains information on funeral directors who are willing to cooperate with your choices.
- Monitors legislation pertaining to funeral practices to insure that freedom of choice in arrangements is preserved.
- Provides speakers on request to various civic or religious groups.
Caregiver Support Services, Consumer Protection, Cremation, Death, Death Certificates, End of Life Decisions, Family Support/Counseling, Funeral Home Services, Helpful Links, Information and Referral, Legal Services